Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finalmente um noite com nada para fazer...

So I finally have one night with nothing to do other than just relax and get some dinner and actually watch a little TV. Can't believe it's been since April since I've updated my blog but it seems like every time I start typing something it seems like I can't find anything to say but you'd think after 3 months it would be a lot easier. So since the last time I posted I became an uncle again and JR was born at the beginning of May and just like Madeline I am watching him grow up in the photos and videos that my sister and George send my way. Madeline is getting so big and so active it's been hilarious to watch her movies about riding her motorcycle, and playing in the water this summer.

The past few months in Brazil have been pretty crazy and working quite a bit during the week and on the weekends. When I returned to Brazil in May I was offered a job within the Brazilian company and I accepted the offer to stay down here for another 2-3 years. I was originally going to be working within the finance group of the company here but since then things have changed again and I've taken a job in the materials group managing imported products and assisting with inventories and demand planning. Right now I'm still doing my other job as well hence all of the work but I seem to be finding a nice balance until my replacement arrives later in August and then I train her for what I do on a weekly and monthly basis.

Outside of work I've still been working out but I started to play more golf on the weekends and I was also picked up by an American football team here in Brazil and we start out season this Saturday. I am also playing on the flag football team and we won our 4th game last weekend 24-18 and are now 4-0 and in 1st place in our division. This weekend is our first all pad tackle game and I am starting at TE and slot receiver and possibly playing some DE as well. Probably right now would be a good time to start praying that I don't kill anyone, or anyone kills me in the game this weekend. Brazilians are small but man they love when they get a chance to hit an American at their game.

I guess the last update is that I just closed on a new apartment today and I am set to move in when I come back from my trip in the US later this month. It's Madeline's 2nd birthday already and JR is being baptized on the same day so it's going to be a full day with lots of parties and gifts for the little ones. Anyway, the new apartment is great! It's a lot bigger than the one I am in now and it's in a brand new building but in the same area that I live in now. The owner is going to have me buy a few things for the place but 90% of the things the owner is going to buy and furnish with what I want so that has been some great news this week. He's going to put in AC as well and I'll buy things in exchange for the living room (sofa, table, chair, area rug, lamp etc). Got lots of shopping to do and quite a things to pick out before I move in a few weeks.

I'll do my best to keep on top of the blog over the next couple of months and defintley won't let it be 3 months again. Pray for safe travels in a couple of weeks for me and also pray for a safe game this coming weekend.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment